Not everyone is into classics, but I actually quite like many of them. Some favourites of mine are Wuthering Heights and A Little Princess. Unfortunately, despite owning a decent collection of classic books, I have hardly put a dent in the pile. Which is why I have decided to partake in Jessica’s Classics Reading Challenge 2012, in hopes it will motivate me!
Here are the rules she’s listed:
1. This challenge starts January 1st 2012 and ends December 31st 2012.
2. All books read for this challenge can be counted toward all other reading challenges.
3. All books chosen for this challenge must be books you have NEVER read or NEVER finished that were written prior to 1980.
4. Choose a level or number of books you would like to read.
5. Create a sign up post for your blog including the Classics Reading Challenge picture above and the books you would like to read (you can change your mind at any time).
Jessica’s listed five levels to choose from. I’m going to go with level 2, which is to read 4-6 classic books this year. I’m going to try to go for the full six.
Here are the books I am planning to read :)
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
- The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
- The Portrait Of A Lady by Henry James
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo